- a) Maintaining the privacy of your information is of paramount importance to us as it helps foster confidence, goodwill and stronger relationships with you, our customers. If, at any time, you have questions or concerns about our privacy practices, please feel free contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- b) Thinknoo Inc. (“ThinkNoo”) offers various products. (the “Service”). Customers are collectively referred to as “User” or “Users.”
- c) THE SERVICE MAY COLLECT INFORMATION THAT PERSONALLY IDENTIFIES YOU (“PERSONALLY IDENTIFIABLE INFORMATION” AND/OR “PERSONAL DATA”) AS DEFINED IN THE ONLINE PRIVACY ACT OF 2003 (CALIFORNIA).
2. A note about children
2.1. If you are under the age of 13, you may not use the Service. We do not knowingly collect Personal Data from children under the age of 13. If you have reason to believe that a child under the age of 13 has used our Service and provided Personal Data to us, please contact us, and we will work to delete that information from our databases.
2.2. In the course of business it is necessary for us to collect the Personal and Non-Personal Data. This information allows us to identify who an individual is for the purposes of our business, contact the individual in the ordinary course of business and transact with the individual. We require this information in order to verify the identity of our Users, to protect our customers, and to ensure the integrity of the Service.
2.3. We will collect Personal Data from you only if you, or an authorized individual, whom you have authorized to share data about you (the “Authorized Agents) voluntarily submit such information to us. You and/or the Authorized Agent can refuse to supply Personal Data, except that it may prevent you from engaging in certain website related activities or accessing parts of the Service.
2.4. Without limitation, the types of information we may collect are:
- b) Communications and Workflow. We may collect information about a User’s work habits, activity and communications when the User uses the Service. This includes, without limitation, messages and communications within the platform between Users.
- c) Contact Information. We may collect information like your email address, telephone, and other information that allows us to contact you and is also considered Personal Data under California Law;
- d) Financial Information. We may collect financial information related to an individual such as any bank or credit card details used to transact with us and other information that allows us to transact with the individual and/or provide them with our Service;
- e) Personal Data. We may collect personal details such as your name, location, and other information defined as “Personally Identifiable Information” that allows us to identify who you are. We may utilize this information in order to adapt our Service to Users’ needs or to develop new tools for the community;
- f) Social Media Information.We may collect twitter, instagram, Facebook or other social media Usernames if you connect to these social networks through the Service;
- g) Statistical Information. We may collect information about an individual’s online and offline preferences, habits, movements, trends, decisions, associations, memberships, finances, purchases and other information for statistical purposes;
2.5 Most information is collected in association with your use of the Service. In particular, information is likely to be collected as follows:
- a) Account. When you open an account on the application and submit your personal details, or when you enter Personal Data details through another process in order to receive or access something;
- b) Contact. When you contact us in any way.
- d) Flash LSOs. When we post videos, third parties may use local shared objects, known as “Flash Cookies,” to store your preferences for volume control or to personalize certain video features. Flash Cookies are different from browser Cookies because of the amount and type of data and how the data is stored. Cookie management tools provided by your browser will not remove Flash Cookies.
- g) Marketing and Web Surveys. From time to time, we may conduct online research surveys through email invitations, pop-up surveys and online focus groups. When participating in a survey, we may ask you to enter Personal Information. The Personal Information you submit in a survey may be used by us for research and measurement purposes, as described below, including to measure the effectiveness of content, advertising or programs. When our market research surveys collect Personal Information we will not knowingly accept participants who are under the age of 13.
- h) Payment. When an individual submits their details to open a payment account or make a payment for a product or Service;
- i ) Uploads. When you upload or generate User Content, such as photos, videos, text, comments, using our Service.
- k) Phishing. It has become increasingly common for unauthorized individuals to send e-mail messages to consumers, purporting to represent a legitimate company such as a bank or on-line merchant, requesting that the consumer provide personal, often sensitive information. Sometimes, the domain name of the e-mail address from which the e-mail appears to have been sent, and the domain name of the web site requesting such information, appears to be the domain name of a legitimate, trusted company. In reality, such sensitive information is received by an unauthorized individual to be used for purposes of identity theft. This illegal activity is known as “phishing”. If you receive an e-mail or other correspondence requesting that you provide any sensitive information (including your password or credit card information) via e-mail or to a Web site that does not seem to be affiliated with us, or that otherwise seems suspicious to you, please do not provide such information, and report such request to us at email@example.com.
- l) Third Party Links. Our Services may contain links to third party websites. The fact that we link to a website is not an endorsement, authorization or representation of our affiliation with that third party. We do not exercise control over third party websites. These other websites may place their own cookies or other files on your computer, collect data or solicit personally identifiable information from you. If you submit personal information to any of those sites, your information is governed by their privacy policies. Other sites follow different rules regarding the use or disclosure of the personally identifiable information you submit to them. We encourage you to read the privacy policies or statements of the other websites you visit.
2.6 We understand that there are many circumstances in which we may collect information, and we work hard to ensure that you are always aware when your Personal Data is being collected.
2.7 Data Hosting. We are committed to protecting the security of your Personal Data. We use a variety of industry-standard security technologies and procedures to help protect your Personal Data from unauthorized access, use, or disclosure. We also require you to enter a password to access your Account information. Please do not disclose your Account password to unauthorized people. No method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage, is 100% secure, however. Therefore, while we use reasonable efforts to protect your Personal Data, we cannot guarantee its absolute security.
2.8 Third Party Use. We are not responsible for the privacy or security practices of any third party; this includes third parties to whom we are permitted to disclose your Personal Data in accordance with this policy or any applicable laws. The collection and use of your information by these third parties may be subject to separate privacy and security policies.
2.9 Unauthorized Access. If you suspect any misuse, loss of, or unauthorized access to your Personal Data, you should let us know immediately at firstname.lastname@example.org.
2.10 Authorized Use. We are not liable for any loss, damage, or claim arising out of another person’s use of the Personal Data where we were authorized to provide that person with the Personal Data.
8.1. Special Offers and Updates. We send all new users a welcoming email to verify their new account and confirm their password and username. Established users will occasionally receive information on products, service, special deals, and a newsletter. Out of respect for the privacy of our users we present the option to not receive these types of communications. Customers can unsubscribe via the unsubscribe mechanism at the bottom of each email.
8.2. Service Announcements. On rare occasions it is necessary to send out a strictly Service related announcement. For instance, if our Service is temporarily suspended for maintenance we might send users an email. Generally, users may not opt-out of these communications, though they can deactivate their account. However, these communications are not promotional in nature.
8.3. Customer Service. We communicate with users on a regular basis to provide requested Service and in regards to issues relating to their account.
2.11. Time Period. We may retain your Personal Data as long as you continue to use our Service. You may close your account by contacting us, but we may retain Personal or Non-Personal Data for an additional period as is permitted or required under applicable laws. Even after we delete your Personal Data, it may persist on backup or archival media for an additional period of time.
2.12. Agents, Consultants, and Related Third Parties. Like many businesses, we sometimes have companies perform certain business-related functions for us. These companies include our marketing agencies, database service providers, backup and disaster recovery service providers, email service providers, and others. When we engage another company, we may provide them with information including Personal Data, so they can perform their designated functions.
2.13. Business Operations. Your Information is used to operate our business. These business operations may include:
- a) The provision of Service between you and us;
- b) Verifying your identity;
- c) Communicating with you about:
- i) Your relationship with us;
- ii) Our goods and services;
- iii) Our own marketing and promotions to users and prospects;
- iv) Competitions, surveys and questionnaires;
2.15. IP Address. We use your IP address to help diagnose problems with our server, and to administer our website. We do not link your IP address which accesses our website to any personal information. We use tracking information to determine which areas our site users visit based on traffic to those areas. ThinkNoo Inc. does not track what individual users read, but rather how often each page is visited. This helps us maintain a superior and informative website for you.
2.16. Improve Customer Service. Information you provide helps us respond to your customer service requests and to support your needs more efficiently.
2.17. Payments. We may use the information Users provide about themselves when placing an order only to provide service to that order. We do not share this information with outside parties except to the extent necessary to provide the service.
2.18. Personalize Your Experience. We may use information in the aggregate to understand how our Users as a group use the Service.
2.19. Public Profile. Certain portions of the information you provide to us may also be displayed in your Profile. As an essential element of the Service, some of the Personal Data you explicitly provide to us when you register or update your Profile is displayed on your Profile. Once you have posted information publicly, while you will still be able to edit and delete it on the Site, you will not be able to edit or delete such information cached, collected, and stored elsewhere by others (e.g., search engines).
2.20. Site Improvement. We may use feedback you provide to improve our products and Service.
2.22. User Testimonials and Feedback. We often receive testimonials and comments from users who have had positive experiences with our Service. We occasionally publish such content. When we publish this content, we may identify our users by their first and last name and may also indicate their home city. We obtain the user’s consent prior to posting his or her name along with the testimonial. We may post user feedback on the Site from time to time. We will share your feedback with your first name and last initial only. If we choose to post your first and last name along with your feedback, we will obtain your consent prior to posting your name with your feedback. If you make any comments on a blog or forum associated with your Site, you should be aware that any Personal Data you submit there can be read, collected, or used by other users of these forums, and could be used to send you unsolicited messages. We are not responsible for the personally identifiable information you choose to submit in these blogs and forums.
2.24. Disclosure. There are a few circumstances where we must disclose an individual’s information:
- a) Where we reasonably believe that an individual may be engaged in fraudulent, deceptive, or unlawful activity that a governmental authority should know about;
- b) In response to lawful requests by public authorities, including to meet national security or law enforcement requirements;
- c) To protect the rights, property, or personal safety of another user or any member of the public;
- d) As required by any law;
- e) In the event we sell our business and may need to transfer Personal Data to a new owner; or
- f) In special cases, such as in response to a physical threat to you or others.
- g) THINKNOO does not make your Personal Information available to third parties for their marketing purposes without your consent.
2.24. Non-Disclosure. We promise not to disclose or sell your Personal Data to unrelated third parties under any circumstances, ever. We do not sell, trade, or rent your personal identification information to others.
10.1. California Civil Code Section § 1798.83 permits users of our software and Service that are California residents to request certain information regarding our disclosure of personal information to third parties for their direct marketing purposes. To make such a request, please send e-mail to email@example.com.
2.25. Your information can be updated under ‘My Account’ once you have logged in on the website. For any question on how to do it or if you have issues in doing so, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. It is your responsibility to provide us with accurate and truthful information. We cannot be liable for any information that is provided to us that is incorrect.
3.2. Cookies. If you decide at any time that you no longer wish to accept Cookies from our Service for any of the purposes described above, then you can instruct your browser, by changing its settings, to stop accepting Cookies or to prompt you before accepting a Cookie from the websites you visit. Consult your browser’s technical information. If you do not accept Cookies, however, you may not be able to use all portions of the Service or all functionality of the Service. If you have any questions about how to disable or modify Cookies, please let us know at the contact information provided below.
3.3. De-Linking SNS. If you decide at any time that you no longer wish to have your SNS account (e.g., Facebook) linked to your Account, then you may de-link the SNS account in the Dashboard tab under Social Login Accounts. You may also manage the sharing of certain Personal Data with us when you connect with us through an SNS, such as through Facebook Connect. Please refer to the privacy settings of the SNS to determine how you may adjust our permissions and manage the interactivity between the Service and your social media account or mobile device.
3.4. Changing or Deleting your Personal Data. You may change any of your Personal Data in your Account by editing your profile within your Account or by sending an e-mail to us at email@example.com. You may request deletion of your Personal Data by us, and we will use commercially reasonable efforts to honor your request, but please note that we may be required to keep such information and not delete it (or to keep this information for a certain time, in which case we will comply with your deletion request only after we have fulfilled such requirements). When we delete any information, it will be deleted from the active database, but may remain in our archives. We may also retain your information for fraud or similar purposes.
3.5. If you have a complaint about our handling of your Personal Data, address your complaint in writing to firstname.lastname@example.org.
3.6. If we have a dispute over handling of your Personal Data, we will first attempt to resolve the issue directly between us.
3.7. If we become aware of any unauthorized access to your Personal Data we will inform you at the earliest practical opportunity, once we have established what was accessed and how it was accessed.
15.1. Data protection law in Europe requires a “lawful basis” for collecting and retaining personal information from citizens or residents of the European Economic area. Our lawful bases include:
- a) Performing the contract we have with you: In certain circumstances, we need your personal data to comply with our contractual obligation to deliver the services, enable creators to establish and display their projects, and enable backers to find and make pledges to them.
- b) Legal compliance: Sometimes the law says we need to collect and use your data. for example, tax laws require us to retain records of pledges and payments made through our services.
- c) Legitimate interests: This is a technical term in data protection law which essentially means we have a good and fair reason to use your data and we do so in ways which do not hurt your interests and rights. we sometimes require your data to pursue our legitimate interests in a way that might reasonably be expected as part of running our business and that does not materially impact your rights, freedom or interests. For example, we use identity, device, and location information to prevent fraud and abuse and to keep the services secure. We may also send you promotional communications about our services, subject to your right to control whether we do so.
- d) We analyze how users interact with our site so we can understand better what elements of the design are working well and which are not working so well. this allows us to improve and develop the quality of the online experience we offer all our users.
15.2. Data Protection Authority. Subject to applicable law, if you are a citizen or resident of the European Economic Area, you also have the right to object to THINKNOO’s use of your personal information and to lodge a complaint with your local data protection authority.